Nowadays, to keep yourself organized, to not forget small details of your work, and also to get more things done in your day, you need to have some kind of to-do list. Thanks to technology, it has become easier to carry one in your pocket all the time. If you search for a to-do list, you will find thousands of apps and software. But, if you are reading this article chances are that you might be using at least one of the organizing apps. And maybe it is Wunderlist, which is one of the best to-do list apps available. After it got acquired by Microsoft in 2015, the future of Wunderlist was uncertain, as it was unclear whether Microsoft will continue it, or shut it down. But in 2019, we have got another to-do list app from Microsoft, called Microsoft To-Do.
Wunderlist vs Microsoft To-Do which app is best?
To all the Wunderlist enthusiasts, you can no longer use the list-making app as Microsoft acquired Wunderlist’s parent company 6Wunderkinder, and launched its to-do list app called To-Do after incorporating many of the same features as Wunderlist. With Wunderlist no longer functional, it’s time to shift to Microsoft To-Do as it has the same features or even more than that of Wunderlist.
How to import your Wunderlist Account to Microsoft To-Do?
Microsoft To-Do is the natural successor to Wunderlist, and Microsoft To-Do is based on Wunderlist features. Microsoft has redesigned its To-Do app to make it look even more like Wunderlist, with more color and background options, a dark mode option, and the ability to sync across Mac, iOS, Android, Windows, and the web. So, all the Wunderlist features now available in To-Do include listing groups (folders), steps (subtasks) and file attachments, and sharing and task assignments. To import your lists from Wunderlist to Microsoft To-Do, follow these steps:
- Download Microsoft To-Do on iOS, Android, Mac, or Windows and open the web app. (To-Do is available for free download on iOS and Android or as a web app.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, you can create your account with your preferred email address (like Hotmail, Yahoo, or Gmail). Or, you can also use an Xbox, Skype, or Live account.
- A pop-up will appear in To Do, heading you to the Wunderlist importer. If you don’t see it, go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Import’.
- Sign in to your Wunderlist account.
- Once you’ve signed in, Microsoft will show you the number of lists and tasks that will be imported from your Wunderlist account to Microsoft To-Do.
- Select ‘Import’ and it will start moving your lists and tasks over from Wunderlist to Microsoft To-Do.
- When the import is finished, you can view a summary of items that were imported by selecting ‘Details of gmx-at.
In Microsoft To-Do, your subtasks are imported as steps and your folders as list groups. Comments aren’t supported in To-Do, so it will be imported as a note. Please note that your data in Microsoft To-Do will not remain in sync with your Wunderlist account. If you continue using Wunderlist after importing, you’ll need to do the same process again to import your latest changes to To-Do.